The Annual Parish Meeting, which will take place at 10:30 am on Sunday, January 28, is one of the most important events of our church calendar because we come together to do five significant things:
• Elect three new members of the Vestry
• Hear and comment on a presentation of the 2018 church operating budget
• Share the accomplishments of the previous year as described in the 2017 Annual Report
• Recognize parishioners who have served Good Shepherd in extraordinary ways in the past year
• Invite parishioners who attend our three different worship services to come together and to get to know each other better, as well as to welcome new members
At the 2018 Annual meeting we will also ask attendees to approve changes to the by-laws of the parish. These by-law changes will be emailed to parishioners in January, so please be sure to read them prior to the meeting.
As in previous years, there will be one worship service at 9 am on January 28 (no 6 pm service) in order to allow for the entire congregation to gather in the parish hall. The meeting will begin with a light brunch, and nursery care and activities for young children will be provided during the meeting, which will end by noon.