A few quick updates from the Outreach Committee:
1. Having just finished the Ministry Celebration reminds us that we should always be letting people know that we would love to have new members on the Outreach Committee. Committee meetings are the first Tuesday of each month, from 6:30 to 7:30, in the Chapel. New ideas are always welcome, particularly as we continue to think about providing hands-on volunteer activities in the community. In addition, following the Refugee Sunday on September 10, we are going to have ongoing conversations about whether and how the Committee and the Parish might want to be involved in providing support for refugees.
2. In response to conversations that several members of the Committee have had with members of the Congregation, the Committee made a donation of $1,000 to hurricane relief (Harvey and Irma) through the Episcopal Relief & Development Fund. With Maria now added to the mix, obviously donations are still critical if you are so moved.
3. Last month we completed a very successful school supplies ingathering. Thanks, as always, to the incredible generosity of Good Shepherd parishioners. It is hard to quantify, but we estimate that we delivered the equivalent of approximately 60-70 grocery bags (or 10-12 large garbage bags) full of school supplies to the 32nd Avenue Jubilee Center. Thank you all very much.
4. Upcoming activities include the annual Bonfils blood drive (they will be on site on Sunday, October 1), and of course, the Pumpkin Patch (offload is at 9:00 am on Saturday, October 7th).
5. Believe it or not, Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner. We will be holding our annual ingathering collecting Thanksgiving food items for Covenant Cupboard during late October/early November, and the Angel Tree Christmas gift program will start later in November.
For further information on any Outreach Committee activities contact Randy Hubbard at firstname.lastname@example.org