Hope CAN Grow Here!
As many of you know, during the stewardship campaign, Hope Grows Here, I asked folks to complete (on big poster boards) the following four statements about how “Hope Grows” for them at good Shepherd! I just want you ALL to see the ways that Hope can Grow at Good Shepherd over the next year(s)!
Hope Grows Here for me!
• A home for Prayer, worship & building relationships
• A place with lots of music
• A place where our arms are open to welcome, pray for, and love all the people of God. To welcome strangers.
• A community of caring committed people.
• Presume Positive Intentions; Joy & Fellowship
Hope Grows Here for my family!
• A place we can worship together!
• To feel welcomed
• Provide a sense of community and shared mission
• A place where my church family is so very important to me; they truly do care.
• A plan where all of God’s people are welcome and loved!!
• Adult formation/education Bible & Common Prayer study
• A place to share love
• It is important for us to work together in getting a new organ
• . . . to embrace difference
• For volunteers in ministry to share the fellowship and opportunities to serve . . .
Hope Grows Here for my church!
• The opportunity to grow, spiritually and in numbers
• That we can develop a multigenerational community that allows young and old to learn from each other and supports those at every stage of life
• Racial Reconciliation work
• Building up our membership
• To build upon our love and knowledge of God and His people
• That all of you will become acolytes
• That everyone is included and loved
• That the welcome mat stays out!
• That we learn to become the less-fortunate and others in our community that may not look like most of us or speak the same language
Hope Grows Here for my community!
• A place I can invite our community to join us
• Our worship community is a place where genuine conversation and connectedness can be round in a disconnected world
• Social Justice work
• Peace and social justice work with deep spiritual meaning
• To spread Jesus’ example to the world beyond our boundaries
• For Good Shepherd to be an “oasis” for musical expression in the south metro area
We can make it happen! We can make it grow!