I hope that everyone’s summer is off to a great start! The kids may be on summer break, BUT Sunday school continues to meet EVERY Sunday!
We begin Sunday school at 9:45. On June 2, the combined Godly Play classroom (which currently meets in the chapel for children aged 3 years through 2nd grade) will have the presentation: Easter: The Ascension. The month continues with Pentecost on June 9, then a special Father’s Day surprise on June 16, followed by our summer Saint’s series (St. Thomas Aquinas on June 23 and St. Valentine on June 30).
In the 3rd, 4th and 5th grade class (which currently meets in the room across from the chapel), the unit for June will be: Grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ by understanding what the Bible says about Jesus’ return and about Heaven.
• June 2: Heaven is great! Who do you want to take there? Life focus: Live looking forward to Heaven so much that you are always eager to share the reward with others.
• June 9: Do what you want Jesus to find you doing when He returns. Life focus: Live wisely—be ready for Jesus to return at any time.
• June 16: Special Father’s Day surprise
• June 23: Faithful servants use the abilities God has given them. Life focus: Use what God has given you to get yourself and others ready for Jesus to come back.
• June 30: Jesus is coming soon in the clouds—so wake up and be ready. Life focus: Repent and “obey what you know” before Jesus comes.