Discipleship Small Group Program Will Be Offered Again Beginning October 31
Were you unable to participate in our six-week small group program “Discipleship: Explore Your Life With God?” offered in October? This series will be presented again during the Tuesday morning women's "Faith Club," beginning Tuesday, October 31 at 10:00 am in the chapel/conference room.
This series features a short video program called “Hazardous Saints” led by C.K. Robertson, an Episcopal priest and professor at General Seminary in New York. It is intended for anyone who is curious to learn what it means to grow in a relationship with God and to be a disciple of Jesus, regardless of their background or previous experience with adult education.
Each video program focuses on a well-known man or woman who has exemplified what it means to be a disciple of Jesus. Like Jesus, each of the six featured leaders were change agents in their times:
• St. Barnabas, the Apostle
• St. Francis of Assisi
• Archbishop Thomas Cranmer (who wrote the first Book of Common Prayer)
• Sojourner Truth, abolitionist and social activist
• Dorothy Day, social activist and founder of the Catholic Worker Movement
• Archbishop Oscar Romero, the martyred bishop of San Salvador
There is no cost for this series and the Faith Club program is for women only. Questions? Contact Tina Hubbard @303-694-9630. Nursery care will be provided on request.