If you are someone who would like to learn more about the Episcopal Church, then join our upcoming six-week Episcopal 101 class beginning Monday, November 6 at 7:00 pm. This class, led by Fr. Craig MacColl, is designed for those who would like to learn about the history of the Episcopal Church, what we believe and teach, and how we interpret the Bible. Although this is a “stand alone” series, it’s an excellent introduction to our 14-week Catechesis (youth and adult confirmation) program that will take place in the winter and spring. Classes meet in the chapel on six Mondays nights from 7:00 pm—8:30 pm.
Topics for this six-week program are:
- Nov. 6 History: Church of England
- Nov. 13 History: The Episcopal Church
- Nov. 20 Worship and Sacraments, The Book of Common Prayer
- Nov. 27 How Episcopalians read the Bible
- Dec. 4 The Church’s teaching
- Dec. 11 The Church’s ministry and organization
Cost for the book “Welcome to the Episcopal Church,” our resource for this class, is $13.