During Lent (and the beginning of Easter), we will delve into "The Way of Love”. Championed by Presiding Bishop Michael Curry, "The Way of Love is a way of life. More than a program or curriculum, it is an intentional commitment to a set of practices. It's a commitment to follow Jesus: Turn, Learn, Pray, Worship, Bless, Go, Rest.” This set of seven Adult Forums ties the Easter Vigil readings to the seven practices of the Way of Love. Drawing on the ancient practice of setting aside Lent as a period of study and preparation for living as a Christian disciple (known as the catechumenate), the forums encourage participants to reflect on salvation history; walk toward the empty tomb; and embrace the transforming reality of love, life, and liberation. As we stand with the three women at the empty tomb, we hear his call to go and live that transformed reality.
• Session One / TURN: Dead to Sin, Alive in Christ (Romans 6:3-11)
• Session Two / PRAY: Israel’s Deliverance at the Red Sea (Exodus 14:10-15:1)
• Session Three / LEARN: Learn Wisdom and Live (Proverbs 8:1-8, 19-21; 9:4b-6)
• Session Four / BLESS: A New Heart and a New Spirit (Ezekiel 36:24-28)
• Session Five / REST: The Valley of Dry Bones (Ezekiel 37:1-14)
• Session Six / WORSHIP: The Gathering of God’s People (Zephaniah 3:12-20)
• Session Seven / GO: The Empty Tomb (Luke 24:1-12)
You can learn more about "The Way of Love" from this video with Presiding Bishop Curry.
There will be two opportunities to engage the “Way”! Sunday morning Faith Forums (beginning March 10), and Monday Evening classes (beginning March 11). Each Sunday/Monday will deal with the same material; the Monday evening opportunities will allow for a bit more discussion, but the subject matter will be the same). There are no books/resources necessary!