Meeting the Spiritual, Physical and Emotional Needs of our Church Family
Occasionally we all go through a period when we need a little help from others and Good Shepherd's Congregational Care Ministry is here to help in any way we can by providing assistance to members of our congregation. Sometimes it's bringing a meal to someone who is grieving, or perhaps helping with transportation to church services, or maybe paying a visit to someone who is recovering from an illness. Everyone struggles with asking for help, so it's nice to have a ministry of caring individuals standing by to assist and identify those who need help. Transportation and meals are a large part of our ministry but we also offer caregiver respite and fellowship. We are pleased to serve the Lord by caring for each other, and we are always looking for parishioners to be part of one or more of the teams listed below.
- How would you like to serve your congregation? -
- transportation for church services
- transportation to doctor/dentist/physical therapy appointments
- provide a meal
- make a home visit to offer conversation and fellowship
- assist with pet care
- send greeting cards or written notes
- provide respite care for caregiver breaks
- assist with grocery shopping
- assist with gardening
If you are interested in getting involved with the Congregational Care Ministry, please contact our Parish Administrator, Kathy Hunter.