Searching for God in all the Right Places
We all yearn to have a closer relationship with our Creator, and each of us is on our own spiritual journey to go deeper with God. Sometimes life gets in the way of this process, or we simply feel ready to take the next step to grow in our faith. And that's where Good Shepherd's Adult Education Program comes in. We offer a variety of programs designed to help you re-connect to God, learn more about the Bible, the Christian faith, and to explore how faith can help you understand world events and navigate all the complexities of life. You'll build community and grow intellectually as well as emotionally and spiritually. Here is a sampling of some of the classes we offer throughout the year.
Adult faith forum
On Sunday mornings we offer a 50-minute program of adult education titled Adult "Faith Forum." The Faith Forum meets at 9:00 am in the chapel/conference room, and is an opportunity for adults to explore a wide range of issues or topics relating to the Bible, current moral or ethical issues, church history, or the Church's response to current social issues.
Click below to view previous Faith Forum programs presented by Fr. Craig MacColl.
Catechesis is our 14-week, adult and youth confirmation preparation program for anyone who seeks to be confirmed, received into the Episcopal Church, or to re-affirm their baptismal vows. In-depth classes are held in the first quarter of every year and culminate with a Confirmation service which is held in early May at the Cathedral of St. John in downtown Denver. If you are interested in becoming a candidate for confirmation, reception or the reaffirmation of baptismal vows, please contact our Parish Administrator, Kathy Hunter.
Episcopal 101 is a five or six-week program for anyone new to the Episcopal Church, or anyone who wants to learn more about the Episcopal Church and its practices. Usually offered in November and early December.
efm - (education for ministry)
EFM is an in-depth 4-year course that covers Scripture, church history, liturgy and theology. If you are interested in learning more about this program, contact Lisa Houston.
The mission of Adult Education is to support and guide faith formation for all adults at Good Shepherd.
Our vision is:
- To mentor and raise up education advocates who model their spiritual journey
- To invite people to explore their relationship with God and with each other through education programs.
- To search for ways to create and offer educational programs that are meaningful for people on their spiritual journey.
- To communicate and promote educational choices available at Good Shepherd.
- To raise up people who feel called to teach and guide others in the area of faith formation.
- On Sunday mornings we offer a 50-minute program of adult education titled "Faith Forum."
- The Faith Forum meets at 9 am in the chapel/conference room, and is an opportunity for adults to explore a wide range of issues or topics relating to the Bible, current moral or ethical issues, church history, or the Church's response to current social issues.