Godly Play and Living the Good News are the two offerings for children on Sunday mornings, beginning at 9:45. Please keep in mind that Sunday school will meet every Sunday in October at 9:45. Then, at approximately 10:35, we process into the sanctuary so the kids can rejoin their family at the Peace, followed by the celebration of Holy Communion. Please note: if you are running late, kids are always welcome, so come on down when you arrive at church!
The combined Godly Play classroom is for children aged 3 years through 2nd grade. The presentations for this month are as follows:
· October 6: The Flood and the Ark
· October 13: Tower of Babel
· October 20: Suffering Servant (Isaiah’s Prophesy)
· October 27: Elijah
The 3rd, 4th and 5th grade class is using Living the Good News which is liturgically based, meaning it follows the church service liturgy.
· October 6: The Impossible Made Possible (Jesus challenges us to recognize the power of faith…Luke 17:5-6…Parable of the Mustard Seed).
· October 13: Return to Wholeness (We respond to healing with faith and gratitude…Luke 17:11-19…Ten Healed of Leprosy).
· October 20: Prayerful Perseverance (Jesus encourages us to be steadfast in prayer...Luke 18:1-8…Parable of the Persistent Widow).
· October 27: Open Before God (Our strongest prayers are offered with humility…Luke 18:9-14…Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector).
We look forward to seeing all the children on Sunday mornings.